Happy Birthday to my new breasts and my life!


Six years today I had a double mastectomy with reconstruction.  I am truly blessed and I am still going strong....Living my life and looking forward to a much needed vacation. One thing I learned the last six years is to start saying no.  I have been taking care of everyone my whole life it seems ...started when I was nine and my sister was born. I was a young single parent of two, on top of that.  My Dad and Mom were also part of my care giving lifestyle.  Now, I have stepped back. We need to take care of ourselves and we forget sometimes. I didn't even realize I had cancer when I was caring for my father since all I did was run run run...
I do not regret any of the time I have spent being a caregiver but now it's time for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying to live a healthy life

This is going to be a challenge

My two battles with cancer/ interview with Madame Arcati